Covid-19 is a deadly-serious virus.
As of April 1, the Maryland State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners requires that all veterinary hospitals provide only essential care for pets during this pandemic.
HOWEVER, your MAVH Veterinarians will always consider the medical needs of your pets first, before making any decisions about treatment and care!
So, what does this mean?
- Routine or elective surgeries that can be postponed at least three months without undue risk to the pet’s current or future health
- Wellness Exams
- Routine Vaccinations for adult pets EXCEPT Rabies and/or Leptospirosis
- Routine Dental Cleanings
- Nail Trims
- Rehabilitation and Therapy
- Routine Senior Blood Work
- Rechecks for STABLE but CHRONIC cases
- Heartworm Tests- IF tested in past and on consistent prevention
We all must do our part to limit the spread of COVID-19, and we will, along with providing the essential care your pets need during this critical time.
Thank you once again for your cooperation and understanding–we will get through this together with our beloved pets by our sides or on our laps!